Microsoft Lumia 535 Launched As First Non Nokia Lumia
It was only yesterday we gave you a sneak preview of what today would bring from Microsoft. They have finally paid its last respects to the Nokia brand of Lumia Windows phones as the first device to drop the Nokia name. Welcome the Microsoft Lumia 535, a low cost smartphone but with two very nice features in a 5 inch screen and also a 5 megapixel front facing camera. The phone is not currently available in the UK or Europe but will be at some point. For now they are looking to compete in the “budget” end of the market and are looking at China, Russia and a few other countries. Apparently there are no plans to enter the American market.
Some of the Microsoft Lumia 535 features are:
- 1.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 processor
- 1GB of RAM and a 1,905mAh battery
- 8GB of onboard storage
- MicroSD card slot for up to 128GB of extra capacity
- 5-megapixel camera with LED flash
- Several color options: Green, Cyan, Orange, Black & White
- Matte or Gloss Plastic Back
- Rounded sides and softened corners.
The Microsoft Lumia 535 will be priced at about $135 which is about £85 but the price will vary between different countries.